Thursday, May 20, 2010

2010 Goals

I love setting goals and having something to work towards. This year I tried to set goals that would stretch me, but that were still realistic and attainable. A few of the goals I have been working on are improving my artistic abilities, serving Steve and Chase, checking my e-mail once a day, and only eating one serving of food at a sitting. With some of my goals I've done really well and taken giant steps forward. Unfortunately, with a few of my goals I've taken small steps forward and a bigger step back.

I think the hardest goal for me to show improvement in is only eating one serving of food. I'm very good at buying and eating healthy food. I don't want to be so stringent that I never indulge, because that might make me a very boring person. However, if there is something really sweet around, or something else really yummy, I go crazy and definitely eat more than one serving. I'm working on it. I have faith that progress will come. Hopefully this will serve as a resplendent reminder. I would love any suggestions you may have!

I use the habit making bookmarks and yearly goal files found at lds.about.com. I have really liked them. Here is the link if you want to take a look: lds.about.com/od/visualmusicalaids/a/habitbookmarks.htm

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a really cool website. I struggle with my eating habits too...I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies...but I seem to really struggle with it as well...the only suggestion I can give you is to celebrate your successes. It is so easy to focus on how many times you failed, but I'm sure you are successful with them too, so even though you haven't met your goal yet, celebrate the little steps it took to get there!!! Good luck!!!:)

    ReplyDelete