Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nothing is Child Proof


We have been to the hospital quite a few times in recent months. Chase had a seizure about a week before his second birthday and went to the hospital via ambulance. They said he had pneumonia and the seizure was caused a high fever. I had just taken him to the hospital that very day and started him on the antibiotics. He actually came down with pneumonia a couple of months later and had another seizure. This is Chase with the nebulizer breathing treatment--he wasn't a fan of that. We wrapped Chase's head with this huge ace bandage after he fell off our bed and cut his head open on the heating vent. He looks like a war victim!

Christian also went to the emergency room and was hospitalized for a night. He had bronchiolitis, which means that small air passages in the lungs are surrounded by mucus. We are healthy now and hope to remain that way for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear about all this! I am glad that everyone is doing well now!! Poor little guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, so sad! I hope they are doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm glad y'all are doing better. It sure is rough sometimes but you all look so good! The other day Kris lifted up Denzil and he said "can I walk on the ceiling?" Kris was a bit confused and Denzil said that Steve did it to him. Kris asked who Steve was and Denz said Chase's Daddy! I love how he remembers things.

    ReplyDelete